Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!





Seems crazy that we are now in 20-10. Wasn’t it just Y2K?? The last ten years have been busy, especially since the arrivals of Joshua in 03 and Sophia in 06. We thought having one child was hard, time demanding, etc. However, now if we only have one with us we realize how simple one child actually is.
The latter part of 2009 was challenging. Marissa had a mole that was pre-melanoma removed. After the biopsy came in, we had to have the perimeters cleared which meant Marissa had to be cut on her scalp once again. I must say, she was a very brave girl. That had to be very painful. We were just glad that the perimeters were clear but we do have to keep a close eye on her moles from now on. She will go in every 3-6 months for skin checks. I am now mole paranoid. I found one on Joshua’s back, it was biopsied and now it will have to be removed this month. Must be some very sketchy genes in the family. Of course Kevin claims those to be my genes.
As if the hustle bustle of the Christmas season wasn’t enough….I had to acquire a staph infection. Not only was it staff, it was MRSA. MRSA is a staff that is resistant to most antibiotics. After much pain, a few antibiotics, and the area being drained…weeks later I am feeling better. Still not 100% but feeling very blessed I finally got on the road to recovery!
Needless to say, we were happy to say good-bye to 2009. We lost a couple friends from church, both of which were men that were in their 90’s and were happy and healthy one day. Each of them took a fall and their health declined dramatically. Unfortunately they passed away within weeks of each other. We were very blessed that our family got to know both of them & have memories that will be cherished forever. We can only hope and pray that we live for so long and be in great health up until our final days.
On a happy note, 20-10 began with a great BANG! A popping of some Almond Champagne with The Tracy’s along with the accompaniment of wooden spoons banging on pans by 6 little people. The kids had a BLAST and all made it until 1:00AM! I guess we have some true night owls here. That is unusual as the Bergeron Kids are usually in bed no later than 8:00PM. They had fun, played board games, played the Wii, and munched the night away. We are truly grateful for such great friends that allowed us to invade their home and bring in 2010 with them.
Our prayers are with each and every one of you that you have a healthy and safe New Year! May 2010 bring you much closer to your friends, your family, and our Heavenly Father.




1 comment:

Becca said...

Ok- that was adorable!!! And.... I think I'm glad for the first time that your across the street and not close- LOL!