Well, this is called Pumpkin Bread but it is more like PUMPKIN cake! WOW, this recipe is amazing! WARNING: Once you have had one bite you WILL NOT be able to stop! Oh well, I exercise so I have enjoy life's goodies....right??
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Preheat oven to 325F degrees
Grease and prepare baking dish/pans
2 Cups of Flour
2 Cups of Sugar
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 1/4 Cup of Oil
1 15oz can of pumpkin puree
4 eggs lightly beaten
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla
Mix together ingredients and pour into a greased pan: 9 x 13 inch baking dish, muffin cups, 10 inch round cake pan or loaf pan.
Bake at 325 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.
Let cool and frost with cream cheese icing
1 stick of butter or marg
8 oz of softened cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 box of powdered sugar or to taste (2 cups)
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Pumpkin Bread
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I made pumpkin cookies the other day, but I still have one can of pumpkin hanging around my kitchen. I think I know how to put it to good use now! Thanks for ruining my diet! ;)
OOooooohhh....sounds very similar to my recipe. I'll have to give this one a shot. Can't go wrong with pumpkin bread--- soooooo good!
Post a Comment