Saturday, December 20, 2008
Feliz Navidad!
Wow, my early memories of Christmas surely came back when I made and ate homemade tamales. I found out that my friend makes tamales nearly every year with her family. My mom's family always made them when I was growing up. It was always the kids job to help. Now that I am a mom, I think that they put us to work to keep us out of trouble. As long as the kids are busy, no fighting was necessary. I did remember hating my job of cleaning the husks. Well, this was all done along with all the other grueling prep work was done by Sarah's mom. All I had to do was show up! I showed up ready to work and Sophia in tote. Sophia had a fun time playing with her friends and sneaking up on the Mexican Sweet Bread! My job was upgraded.....I got to be the matza filler. I have to say, it was a tricky job....can;t have too much or tooo little matza...it has to be just right! Thank you so much Sarah and Connie for allowing me help you out and demolish some good old fashioned tamales. My Christmas Wish certainly came true this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







<





2 comments:
Let me know when you're a pro and you can give me a cooking demonstration! I would LOVE to learn how to make homemade tamales, I've never done it, but I sure love to eat them!
Holy tamales...I want to learn.
Post a Comment