I have been waiting for something silly to happen that was BLOG worthy! Well, Sophia certainly did it tonight. We have all been talking to Sophia about using the potty and not having to use a diaper anymore. We are stressing diapers are for babies, but she still wants nothing to do with the BIG girl potty. I tried to bribe her with new shoes (she has a passion for shoes! Or as she would say..EWES) if she even sat on the potty with no diapers, but that was a NO GO!
In my opinion, she’s a little too young to actually use the potty considering that Marissa was 33 months old and Joshua was a good 2 and a half. I was going to take a break from even talking about it anymore because she has been very apprehensive and even scarred of the whole thing. I don’t want to traumatize her or make her anal retentive (that’s where my Psychology & Child Development come in). Well, this evening I saw Sophia sitting on the sofa. She looked like she was sitting up a little taller than usual. When I looked down I was surprised to see Sophia’s Potty Chair on the couch and she was sitting on it with her pants on. In her hand was the book, Once Upon A Potty. We had been reading this book, but I really never thought she was interested as all she would mutter was…”no want too.” Anyhow, these pictures say it all. Maybe someday she’ll be potty trained…..in the meantime, I’ll have to remain patient and remember that I potty trained two others, so this too shall pass.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Sophia FINALLY sits on the Potty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




<





1 comment:
Yeah Sophia! And remember Denise, baby steps!
Post a Comment