Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I just love Kindergarten writing!




I just think one of the most precious things is watching a child that is learning to read and write. Joshua has been so motivated these days to read anything that he gets his hands on. He even said he was reading the recipe on the BISQUICK box when he was making waffles the other morning. Well, I'm sure he wasn't reading it with 100% accuratley...but I really think he gets a lot of meaning from what little he can actually read.
He brought this paper home from school yesterday. The teacher gave him a card with a picture on it as a writing prompt. He was supposed to write about the peacock on his card. This is what he wrote, "The peacock has big feathers. The peacock makes his feather pop up." I love how he hears the sounds and writes them down as he should. What a good little writer we have here....FEBRS and all.

No comments: