Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 50th Anniversary, Hope Lutheran School!



Hope Lutheran school celebrated their 50th anniversary of the school being opened. The principal, Don Simpson was the guest of honor. Mr. Simpson is in his 80's and is a sharp as ever. He was quite the talker and caught us up over the last few (ha ha) years. I graduated in 1983 as an 8th grader and had not been back since I had left. Our family went to the reunion and attended the church service the next morning. It was so strange to be sitting in the same sanctuary I worshiped in a child. That church has so much history from my baptism to my confirmation in 8th grade. The months prior, I had found many classmates recently through the internet and Facebook.
Myself, Brain Huntington & Deborah Johnson represented our class of 1983. It was fun to reconnect with everyone as well as visit and meet with new people. That was a time in my life that seemed ages ago.
While we were in Glendora we got to visit my old home on 146 North Country Club Road. The new owners has changed it quite a bit. We didn't get to see any of our old neighbors because they were not home, but it was a fun visit nonetheless.

No comments: