Friday, August 22, 2008

Disneyland with Dad!



Our family had a wonderful time at Disneyland this week with Daddy. They were so excited that Dad got to join us on this venture. You see, Daddy works so hard for his family, he's rarely able to have fun. Daddy was secretly hoping to win a prize from Disneyland's One Year of Dream giveaways. Well, no winnings to report, but we all had a nice time.
We do have a funny story to share. The kids all really wanted to ride the canoes. This is a ride you actaully get to hop into a canoe, they give you and oar, and you get to paddle. So we all got in the boat...SOPHIA TOO! They have ALL kids under 7 put on a life vest. Well, just as I am starting to use my oar to paddle, Sophia decides to stand up and lean over the boat to touch the water. I immediately grabbed her, stopped paddling and decide I was going to hold her. That didn't go over very well with the head Canoe Man. He was giving me a hard time for not paddling. When I told him I had to hang onto my kid so she didn't fall in, he made the comment that in the 50 plus years Disneyland has been open that no one has ever fallen in. And then he said if she did...."that's why she has a life vest on." So....feeling embarrassed and guilty for not pulling my weight in paddling...I decided I needed to make my paddle go. After a few minutes, the canoe man in the back yelled....."That kid needs to SIT down." The head man turned around and said, "is someone standing?" I told him, "YES, it was my kid!" He felt horrible and told me that I didn't need to paddle and that he guessed I know my own kid better than he did. OH well..he indeed felt bad as I heard him retelling the story to his fellow canoe workers when he got back to shore. I guess he'll start listening to these moms from now on. So all you mommy's out there...take your kids to kid the Disney Canoe...it's a FREE ride...you won't even have to paddle if you tell them your kid might decide to go in for a swim.
Here are some pictures of our trip.






All tuckered out...until next time!

1 comment:

The Young Family said...

That looks like sooo much fun!I have so much I want to comment on I guess I'm going to have to e-mail you so I don't take up too much space!