There is always something going on in our house. Somewhere to go, people to meet, and even sick kids to tend to every now and then. And then a school project gets thrown into the loop. How dare school interfere with family life?? LOL! Well, Marissa was very excited to make a model of a mission. I wasn’t very excited because all I could think of was the time involved and the costs associated with it. Michael’s is a dangerous place for me to shop when there was NO particular objective involved, but now that we have to build a mission all I could think of was that it was going to a GOLD MINE! Then I started to think. We were in the midst of April (Earth Month) and I asked Marissa about going GREEN with the project. She agreed and we chose a Mission that we could build out of things we had around home. After searching Mission Books, we came up with the 21st (and last) CA Mission built…The San Francisco de Solano. We used shoe boxes, COSTCO milk boxes, the bottom of a pineapple box, painted Starbucks stir sticks and the back side of wrapping paper to make it appear as we painted the walls white. We ended up spending about $8.00 in materials. We purchased bells, Spanish moss, and terra cotta colored paper (that we crimped with a paper crimper) for the roof. It’s been an ongoing project since spring break, but we finally completed it this AM. Marissa is very please and cannot wait to show her hard work off. All I can say is, “MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!”
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Mission Accomplished!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




<





1 comment:
Looks great! Makes me glad that both of my girls 4th grade teachers do their mission projects in class! No mommy homework!
Post a Comment