Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Daddy's 40th Birthday BASH!



We had so much fun celebrating Daddy’s BIG 4-0! We started off by painting the window of the van with the words “Happy 40th Birthday, Daddy! HONK for the Birthday BOY!” We wrote the BIG 4-0 on the side windows and wrote many 40’s all over the other windows. He got many honks and many people made compliments on the van. The kids and I got a kick out of it. My friend Sarah painted a Happy Birthday sign and we put that above the garage. EVERYONE in the neighborhood knew Kevin was now 40! Thank goodness Daddy was a great sport!
We celebrated dad’s birthday by going on a quick trip to Palm Springs with some very dear family friends. So, we were off….4 adults and 6 kids to the Rancho Las Palmas Resort in Rancho Mirage. You’ll have to check the place out at: www.rancholaspalmas.com. It was very kid friendly and had water slides and a lazy river. Everyone had a wonderful time. We spend the majority of the time in the water as the temperatures reached 116 degrees! We would highly recommend the resort for families with children. They also have a Tranquil Pool for those that wish to vacation without being splashed by the kids….so if you go and have no kids, check that out. I walked by that pool a few times and it really seemed relaxing.
Here are some pictures from our very fun and memorable weekend!

1 comment:

The Young Family said...

I'm so glad you took pictures! I almost felt like I was there! Looks like you guys had a blast! Happy 40th Kevin!