It was a sad weekend at the Bergeron Home this past weekend. Even though we had the joys of celebrating Sophia’s 2nd birthday this weekend, we were still struck with hard news. A few weeks ago our 14 year old kitty, Oreo was diagnosed with kidney failure. We were told she’d have about 3 months to live. She went downhill pretty quickly. Last week she was not using her litter box and by Sunday AM she was miserable. She could not walk, and would lay her head in her water, milk or food. She would not meow and would look at me like she was very sick. It’s strange how you know a kitty so well after 14 years, it was like she was talking to me and telling me that she was not going to make it. We have dear friends that are Vets, that have taken care of Oreo for several years. They told us to call them anytime and they would take care of her. We saw them Sunday at church and told them the news. She insisted on taking care of Oreo for us. We got home from church and we said our goodbyes, took pictures and gave kisses to our kitty. The kids and I were so sad. They have only known this pet for their entire lives. This was the first pet I'd ever had. It was a rough day, and it will be tough for a while. Every time we go to the garage or her secret hiding places we are saddened to know that she is not coming back. We were truly blessed that God gave us an animal to love, Oreo was an important member of our family and she will always remain in our hearts. Here are some pictures of the kids with their pal Oreo on Sunday AM.
Joshua's was always so good about grooming his kitty. He'd faithfully brush her, even up to the last hour of her life.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Remembering Oreo Bergeron (May 1995-November 23, 2008)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




<





2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about Oreo. I grew up with cats and I know how pets just become a member of the family. Sweet pictures.
That is so sad! I'm sorry to hear about Oreo, Denise. I hope you and are doing ok. It's hard to go through this mourning period for a family member. Take care!
Post a Comment