Monday, June 22, 2009

Bergeron Family Camping Trip



This past weekend our family took our very first camping trip. We were invited to go with the Nowell Family to Indian Oaks Campground in Temecula. Knowing that this was my first trip camping they took EXTRA good care of us. When we arrived at camp they had it all set up and ready to go. We were set up with a BIG tent, cots, lanterns, and many good meals. I have never slept in a tent before and neither had the kids. They had a fun time sleeping in their sleeping bags next to us.
At about 3:00Am the first AM we were there, I really needed to use the bathroom. I took a little hike (with my flashlight) to the facilities and on my way I encountered a raccoon. That silly little guy was looking at me as if I was invading his home. It took one little “go away” and swish with the flashlight and off he went.
The next day we were up with the sun and a great aroma of breakfast cooking. Sean had made pancakes, little smokies, fruit, and FRESH decaf vanilla nut coffee. It was a chilly morning and the day never did bring in the sun so I stayed in my nice fuzzy PJs all day. I have always wanted and excuse to bum around in my pj’s and thought this was the perfect day to do it. After all…this was vacation…right???
The kids had a blast playing with their friends. They went fishing, launched water balloons, played catch, kicked the soccer ball around, played cards, hide and seek…....and it was NON STOP fun for them.
It seemed like every few hours it was time to eat another incredible camp meal. Who knew camping could be so tasty too?? Sean made us the best food……you would have never known he didn’t have a REAL kitchen. His make shift kitchen was phenomenal!!! We had hot dogs, hamburgers, biscuits, baked potatoes, chili, corn on the cob, fried chicken, bacon, eggs to name a few of his specialties.

We are so incredibly blessed to know such wonderful people who worked very hard to make us comfortable and to make this experience the best camping adventure ever! A great big thanks to Sean, Michelle and boys for making this a trip that will be cherished forever. We all had a wonderful time and truly enjoyed ourselves and your family!

Kevin loves this picture of me doing the dishes with a mop bucket and a pitcher filled with hot water.

1 comment:

The Young Family said...

You guys were really ruffing it...I think I caught a glimps of Sophia WITHOUT a bow on :)!Looks like you had a lot of fun!