Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Disneyland





Oh Disneyland...HOW I LOVE that place! I have had so much fun with my children, family and friends there. Yesterday we went once again...this time we met two mom friends and their children. The kids all had fun. We did so much. We visited with the princesses, spoke with Goofy, went to Mickey's House for pictures, rode many rides, sat and chatted, ate a Mickey pretzel, and then went to the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney and ate Beignets (pronounced Ben-yays)! Being that I am a native Californian, I have was told that I was missing out on these Southern treats. Yes, deep fried lil puffs of dough, placed in brown paper bag with a few tablespoons of powdered sugar. When you get the bag, you shake them up and then devour! How could i have NOT known of this French Donut until now??? Thanks, Stacy for introducing me to a new TROUBLE that I will always love! Our passes will soon expire, but until they are renewed...the memories we have made will always hold a special place in my heart. There truly is no place like the Happiest Place on Earth, a place where you can leave your worries and troubles and home and just enjoy and have fun!









As you can see, even Sophia loved the Beignets-
A New Orleans classic! French donuts deep fried and topped with powdered sugar

No comments: