Sunday, July 25, 2010

Surfing Lessons-July 17, 2010




I was so fortunate to get surfing lessons from the Surf Mama contest that I entered. WOW, was that a fun and amazing thing to do that I would have never done if I didn't win. Even though I never fully rode a wave into shore, I did get up for a few seconds. I can understand why people can get a surfers high. To be out there in the open sea in the crisp water is just breath taking. This is the first time i have been out there with contact lenses in so I was really about to see everything. The water was crystal blue and just refreshing. I was also very fortunate to get a patient surf instructor...he was so good with me and very encouraging. He also let me kids get up on the board a few times. We all had a lovely day at Moonlight Beach! A memory that we will never forget!
Thanks North County Sun for choosing me as one of your North County Surf Mamas!!!










1 comment:

The Young Family said...

I'm jealous! BTW you look great and you deserved it!