I bet many of you were wondering when I would post something about Starbucks as you all know I take my Decaf Nonfat 190 degree No Whip Mochas very seriously! I walk down to the Shopping Center a few times a week (for exercise pushing that double stroller)with Joshua and Sophia. Needless to say, the staff at our local Starbucks has gotten to know us well. You see, when you have kids, and you come into an establishment that's NOT kid friendly, where people TRY to relax (and people walking around with hot coffee, glass carafe's, fun coffee equipment, and let's not forget all of the kids friendly snacks....Cheerios, Fruit Loops) they are all bound to cringe when we walk in the door.
However, they have never made us feel unwelcomed and are always engaging in conversation with me and my children. Sophia usually sits in her stroller while I enjoy the 1st few sips of my coffee, and then she's wanting out. She hangs out by me and isn't too bothersome other than the Cheerio trail that she leaves behind.
Then there's Joshua, or shall I call him Mr. Helper. They often give him a rag and he wipes down the tables, and if he's really lucky he gets to put on the plastic throw away gloves and help fill the condiment bar. He brings the empty cream containers over the register and they provide him with full ones to go back on the bar. Customers compliment him all the time on a job well done! I think Joshua truly believes that he has a job and he even tells everyone that he works at STARBUCKS! And, you see...he kinda does. Even though he won't be able to get a Work Permit for another 11 years, he'll be well trained and ready to go! Here are a couple of pictures of Joshua at his day job and with Our VERY Favorite Barista!
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Starbucks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




<





1 comment:
See you there!
Post a Comment