So you’ll never guess what my friend Sandy and I did this week! Well, she turned in her husband’s hotel points and booked us a room at the Embassy Suites in Anaheim. So, the two of us along with our six kids all under the age of nine, went to Disneyland all with the main objective of getting on the new Toy Story Ride in California Adventure when it opened yesterday. We were in the doors at 10:00 and Sandy noticed that the line had already begun to form over by the BIG Sun waterfall at the front of the park. After asking a Disney cast member how long the line was at 10:00AM (you see the park supposedly opened at 10:00, but apparently they let many in early) the line was about 5-6 hours long. So, we decided to brave it with the kids and we were going to swap kids and hold the place in line to allow the kids to get to ride some rides while we were waiting. Well, needless to say, after about an hour in line, the ride broke down. We chose to ride it out and they got the ride up and running again. However, after waiting 4 and a half hours the ride broke down again. This time they were not sure if it would get up and running again. We decided to continue to brave it out for over an hour... and then we were finally told we could no longer wait in line as they were shutting it down. Can you only imagine the people in line when they heard that we had to leave?? We were all very upset! You see this was the GRAND OPENING and all the kinks should have been worked out by now. Did I mention that this is at DISNEYLAND'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE?? I thought this was supposed to be the HAPPIEST place on earth! They did give us a pass to come back another time whether it be that day, or another trip we were told we could use that pass to eventaully get on the ride. I wouldn’t give up and hung out at the front entrance of the ride to see if things were progressing. I saw a mechanic give the thumbs up and it was ready to go in minutes. We were so fortunate to get in line and get on the ride right away! We loved the ride and looking back the wait was sooooooooooo worth it! So, if you are ever at California Adventure make sure to ride their 4D Toy Story Mania Ride. You won’t regret it! We were so happy that we made Disney History by riding Toy Story Mania on the 1st day it was open to the public. Thank you BFF for a FUN and memorable trip!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Toy Story Mania
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







<





2 comments:
You know I LOVE Disneyland, but that is true devotion, good for you! I can't wait to try it! I'm aching to get passes again!
OMG!!! I'm glad there was a happy ending. Good for you guys!!!!
Post a Comment