Friday, May 16, 2008

We MADE it to, Marissa's Open House



Marissa's Open House was at school last night. Bless her little heart, we had to be there at 5:15 so that she could perform her musical piece on her recorder with all the 3rd Grade Classes. I just have to ask, "Why does everything these days have to be a drawn out saga?" We made it on time, but just as we are about to leave, I notice that Sophia is just covered with STICKY white rice along with her dinner. You see, right now she really wants to feed herself on her own. Why I allow her to do this on a night we need to run out the dorr, I have NO idea! Well, I do know why and it was because I needed to run upstairs to get ready myself. I always seem to pay for it somehow. When I came downstairs, I saw her all covered with rice and just wanted to cry because we needed to get out the door, then I laughed because she looked like a rice bowl attacked her. It seemed as every bit of her face was covered in rice. As she is grinning from ear to ear I knew that I just needed to let it go. I thought about getting the camera out and taking her picture (then I would have something exciting to BLOG), but it was already in the car so it would actually make it to Open House. Then I figured since I had little time to get to school, that I'd better get my jaw off the floor and start moving. So....I got her out of her high chair thinking this rice would magically fall off, but I was wrong.....now I truly know why they call it "STICKY RICE." So, it was off to the tub!
Oh well, it's never quick and easy getting anywhere these days. It's next to impossible to get everything I need to do done. As organized as "I think" I am, God often reminds me that I need to call on Him to get through those times. We made it to Open House in the nick of time and Kevin arrived shortly thereafter. Here are some pictures of Marissa in her classroom, sharing the work she so proudly displayed.


1 comment:

The Young Family said...

You know it used to be that every once and awhile I had days like that, but anymore that is how it seems EVERY time I try to walk out the door! I feel for you!