Joshua has been so motivated these days to learn how to ride his bike. Kevin has been taking him out every now and then, and he insists on riding without the training wheels. He gets additional practice when we walk with our friend Jeanie around Discovery Lake. She so kindly holds onto his shirt while he pedals around the lake. She gets a good workout as I push Sophia in the stroller behind them. He's been getting so close to taking off and riding on his own. Well, this afternoon was the day he took off! I was so excited to see him come around the corner on his own so I started shouting...."You're doing it, YEAH, you're riding your bike on your own!" I ran in to get the video camera and when I came out to film him, I noticed he has an audience watching him now. The neighbors were clapping and cheering him on as he made his 4th lap around the block. Marissa could hardly stand it, so even she decided to run with him around the block. Here are a couple pictures of him as he's enjoying his 1st bike ride.
PS- Well, needless to say Marissa was happy for her brother as he now knows how to ride his bike, but now she is DETERMINED to ride her bike also. We have been trying to motivate her for years to get on and ride. Well, today she told her dad she was GOING to ride that bike by the end of the day....sure enough, after a 1/2 hour, she too was riding her bike around the block. She needs some more practice, but in a few days she too will have it mastered! We are so proud of our little ones!
Sunday, May 4, 2008
And.....he's OFF!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




<





2 comments:
Yeah! Awesome! We love our bike riders.
That is great! I know I said this before, but he looks so big! Connor still has no interest in even a tricycle, although he has been eyeing his scooter lately!
Post a Comment