As if we are not already a little shell shocked from the October Wild Fires today a transformer blew and ignited our hill with flames. Thank goodness a neighbor was outside washing her car as she heard the noise and saw the flames instantly. She called 911 & the Fire Department and CDF where here within minutes.
I was on my way back from Costco and Joshua and I noticed from the freeway that there was a lot of smoke. It looked like the apartments below us could have been on fire. As I drove, the horns and blares of firetrucks led me to pull over. By the time I got home, we noticed that the fire men were on out on our hill! They got to it in plenty of time and because we had a rainy weekend, the fire didn't spread quickly.
All, I can say is thank you to those Firemen...they are TRUE HEROS!
Here is a close up picture of the firefighters on the hill:
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Our Hill was on FIRE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




<





2 comments:
That's scary! I always worry something like that will happen when I leave Amanda home alone!
Yikes! Glad that all was ok.
Post a Comment