Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Poetry Party




Marissa's class has been studying and memorizing poems over the last couple months. Last night was the GRAND FINALE (The Poetry Party) where all the kids in the class shared their poems with their parents. Each child got to choose their own poem and bring their own props. It was their night to shine. I was amazed as to what these kids could memorize! I cannot even keep track of my keys (I'll save that for another BLOG), Sophia's bows, and her shoes these days and to even think about memorizing anything would certainly not be happening.
Marissa chose to memorize Shel Silverstein's poem, Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout Would Not Take the Garbage Out. It was over 40 lines and she truly came through! Her teacher said that no one in her many years of teaching had done that poem and that she was very impressed. Here are some pictures of her with her piled high trash can saying her poem.

1 comment:

The Young Family said...

Are you kidding me?! Your daughter is amazing! I LOVE that poem, and I cannot believe she was able to memorize the whole thing! Kudos to her!